Here’s a quick update, just in case you haven’t had a chance to read the comments under the previous posts:
1) Devin is head of household.
2) Devin nominated Paola and Brittany for eviction.
3) Devin swore up and down to everyone that he wanted Brittany to be evicted.
4) The rest of the house found out that Paola threw the Battle of the Block competition, which now puts a target on Paola’s back because she’s now gone from being a pawn to being a visible ally of the most hated guy in the house.
5) For once, the people in the house started to talk about not being a bunch of sheep and going against the HoH by not voting his target out of the house. Yay! That’s exactly the type of thinking that Big Brother fans love!
6) Devin, perhaps realizing that nobody in the house was agreeing with him, started to suggest that he might be open to taking Brittany off the block. This naturally upset Paola because she threw a competition specifically because Devin guaranteed her that Brittany was the target.
7) Devin’s solution? Nominate Victoria, who hasn’t really connected with anyone in the house.!
8) Devin was the POV.
9) Devin and Brittany had a long talk in the HoH and Brittany and Devin made some sort of deal.
10) Here’s the thing — Devin has become so unpopular and has upset so many people that even making a deal with him while he’s head of household is viewed as being a mistake. So, Brittany made a deal — which would be a smart thing to do with anyone who is both HoH and the POV winner — and now, she could potentially be in trouble.
11) Devin suddenly decided that Zach’s a threat. Despite Devin earlier swearing that nobody from the Bomb Squad would ever nominate anyone else from the Bomb Squad, Devin started talking about nominating Zach instead of Victoria.
12) Why does Devin consider Zach to be a threat? Apparently, it’s because Zach comes on too strong and talks too much but that’s the way he’s been acting during the entire time he’s been in the house. It’s not as if Zach was calm and reserved before Devin invited him into the Bomb Squad.
13) Everyone told Devin not to nominate Zach. Instead, they all said that, if Devin was going to use the veto, then he should put up Victoria. Of course, the smart move would be for Devin not to use the veto at all but Devin is not that smart.
14) At the same time, Paola has ever right to wonder why — considering all she’s done for Devin by throwing that comp — it has never seemed to occur to Devin to use the veto on her.
15) Finally, at yesterday’s POV ceremony, Devin took Brittany off the block. And then he nominated … ZACH! Now, because the LFs cut to Jeff Schroeder interviewing former HGs, none of us have gotten to see the actual POV ceremony. However, Donny has said that it was the greatest POV ceremony in the show’s history so I know I’m looking forward to seeing it on Wednesday’s episode.
16) So now Zach and Poala have been nominated for eviction and no one is really sure why. Like a lot of people, I assumed that the house would automatically rally to Zach and vote out Paola. And that could very well happen but, for now, it seems like the house is almost evenly divided. Nobody likes Devin, nobody trusts Paola, but again, Zach is seen as a stronger and potentially more dangerous player that Paola.
17) Perhaps the worst sign for Zach is that his strongest ally in the house, Frankie, is actually lobbying people to vote him out. Zach doesn’t realize it yet but Frankie has turned against him and now views Zach as being a potential liability to his own game. Last night, Frankie was apparently lobbying the girls in the house to vote out Zach by using the same girl power argument that Joey thought would keep her in the game.
18) So, the only thing we can really be sure of is this: Regardless of who goes on Thursday, Devin is now everyone’s biggest target.